Step Ahead are aiding candidates with their applications for:
Procurement Policy Support Officer
Salary: £23,440 - £30,426 - Permanent
Reporting to the Procurement Policy Support Manager, you will provide a comprehensive procurement and administrative support function.
You will have the chance to build networks across sectors (including the Arm’s Length Bodies and NHS Trusts) and extend your knowledge and expertise of procurement and commercial. You will need excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The Procurement Policy Support Officer Will
- Produce user-friendly guidance and advice on the subject of procurement to ensure organisational compliance
- Develop strong relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders including colleagues from Cabinet Office and other Government Departments.
- Lead on communications including sourcing relevant content and writing articles for written publications and editing/checking video cascades
- Monitor and report on levels of engagement with procurement news and the cascade
- To communicate with procurement leads across the Health Family and coordinate responses to central email requests
- Ensure the procurement team complies with Transparency requirements and engage with commercial leads to ensure compliance with Contracts Finder
- Manage systems access such as the creation, modification and deactivation of user accounts
- Assist with the creation of process documentation
You will have the opportunity to learn about different areas of the Commercial Function and will be asked to help and support activities at different stages of the commercial cycle including procurement projects, category management and contract management.
Key requirements for the role
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Conversant with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Experience in stakeholder management
- Confident in leading meetings
- Good time management and organisation skills
***Applications and online assessments must be submitted by 11:55pm on 25th January 2021